Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fae Not by Leah Speigel

Fae Not was a unique and intriquing read about a new version of fae.  The only thing that changed this from a 5 star to 4 star was that I wanted more background in the beginning.  I understand the building mystery to the society and supernatural beings, but I wanted the farm more clearly explained.  Sometimes it felt a little thrown into the middle of a story.  Because of this, the farm was sort of vaccuum that I wasn't real sure of the time period of the story.  It wasn't until the trip to Wal-Mart and mentions of the Garmin GPS that I was sure it was present day. 
However, that being said, I did immediately get drawn into the mystery of Ashton and the depressed Claire.  The new twist on the Fae keep me reading as I wanted to know all the details of how the society worked.  While the beginning bothered me with a lack of background details, the story really picks up halfway through and kept me reading until I finished it.  As Claire's true story emerges and her relationship with Ashton deepens, I really feel fans of the fae will be enthralled.  I loved the last half of the book and couldn't put it down but wanted more details of what happened.  The ending felt a little abrupt but did give me my happy ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment