Monday, February 20, 2012

What the Heart Wants By Kelli McCraken (Soulmate Series 1)

What the Heart Wants is a beautiful story about a soul deep connection between two people that was forged through dreams.  I love romance and the notion that there is one person that your soul reaches out too.  Heaven has been dreaming of a dark haired boy embracing her under a weeping willow tree for the past six months.  The dreams are so real and so romantic she compares every guy she meets to her dream guy.  Dylan has been dreaming of a beautiful girl under the same tree and recognizes her instantly when she turns up at his band-mates wedding.  Heaven is the maid of honor and isn't sure that Dylan is her dream guy.  Dylan is afraid to move too fast and that he will scare her off or think he is nuts.  The result is a moving romance that had me swooning and reading way past my bedtime.
Dylan is a swoon worthy and it is such a shame he's a fictional character.  I think he beats Edward hands down.  I don't think I have ever read a better scene than the night they stay in the guest house and decide to be a couple.  This is such a great book it is very hard to do it justice in a review.  I highly recommend this book to romance lovers of all ages.  Altough there are some paranormal elements of soul connection and tarot cards, it was a relief to read a romance that the main male character doesn't turn all furry or suck blood.  Don't get me wrong- I love the paranormal but this story will stay with you long after you put the book down.  It has definitely made my keeper shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment