Monday, January 30, 2012

Forever Mine (Moreno Brothers 1) by Elizabeth Reyes

I picked up Forever Mine after being in a bit of a reading rut for paranormal romance.  It was just what I needed.  I was immediately drawn into the world of Sarah moving in with her aunt because her Mom has to go to jail.  Sarah was easy to identify with and I really enjoyed the fact that she wasn't necessarily outcast or picked on.  Sarah easily found her niche and although vulnerable, she seems to be sweet and strong.  Angel is a bit of the perfect boyfriend.  His is definitely crush worthy.  The story line was natural and realistic for me.  I enjoyed being able to gain insight into both Sarah and Angel's feelings through an alternating POV.
After Sarah has to move in with an Aunt's family while her mother serves time in jail, she meets Angel at a high school party.  Angel is struck by her beautiful green eyes and immediately wants to get to know her.  As soon as they begin talking, the chemistry is instant and the romance builds.  Angel immediately asks to see Sarah the next day.  Sarah and Angel's romance begins to build into a sweet exclusive deep first love.  Angel is protective and slightly Alpha Male when it comes to Sarah.  Previously reviews have pointed out the posessive nature as being borderline abusive.  However, I feel the author does a great job of explaining the fine line of difference between protectiveness and posessiveness.  I really feel Angel doesn't take it too far. 
I highly recommend this book for any romance fans!  I loved Angel and Sarah and sure this will book I revisit in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment