Thursday, December 22, 2011

Blood Rites by Quinn Loftis (Prince of Wolves 2)

I am in love with this series--It's official!  I re-read Prince of Wolves,book 1, before diving into blood Rites just because I loved the chemistry between Jacque and Fane.  Besides a supercharged romance, Jacque has loyal friends and family that provide an amazing and somewhat amusing supporting cast.  This wonderful series never fails to make me laugh and cry right along with the characters. I am not sure why but it always reminds me of "Jessica's Rules to Dating on the Darkside".  I think it is the strong Romanian Prince only this one is a very Hot Werewolf. 
Blood Rites starts about a week after "Prince of Wolves" concludes.  Jacque and her best friends, Sally and Jen, are getting ready for her bonding ceremony with Fane.  On the way to the bonding, Jacque, her friends, and her mother Lily are in a dangerous car accident.  Fane is nearly crazy with worry.  It turns out that the one doctor on staff that is Wolf is the sister of Lucas Steele, the Alpha Fane killed at the end of book 1.  To make matters worse, Dillion, Jacque's real father and Alpha of the Denver Pack, decides he should intervene to protect her until she is 18.  What follows is a roller coaster of emotions and laughter that will have you unable to put the book down.  Seriously, clear your day!
Jacque also gets kidnapped from the hospital while still ill and Fane has to find her before it is too late.  It is a race against time to get Jacque what she needs to recover.  The end was perfectly romantic and swoon worthy.  I cried tears of happiness for tese characters.  I absolutely can't wait to read the next one which is due out in Feb/March 2012.  Jen, Jacque's smartmouthed friend, will come to terms with what she really wants and who she really is.  I would absolutely recommend this series to anyone who enjoys YA paranormal romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment