Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton

At first glance, the cover definitely grabs your attention and makes you pick up this book.  I expected a hot romance with a sports stud but I wasn't expecting it to be such a great sweet romance.  Mick Riley is nearing the end of sports career but still on top.  He has had it all: hot women, money, fame,etc.  But when he approaches Tara Lincoln at the team party event she planned, not only does Tara politely refuse him but walks away.  Mick can't seem to get the natural beauty out of his mind and they spend the night together.  Tara is a driven business owner who has a 14 year old son who doesn't need a man or a relationship getting in the way.  She expects never to hear from Mick again.  So when he looks up her business and walks in to ask her out, Tara is thrown off kilter.  Mick and Tara have great chemistry and the romance is sweet and perfect.  Mick falls for Tara and is a great friend to her son, Nathan.  Tara continues to be cautious and worried about the 2 different worlds they live in. 
One of the best things about this book was the fact that the romance and relationship was allowed to build without all the drama.  Yes, Tara and Mick are world's apart in lifestyle but both are drawn together.  I like that Tara although scared didn't let Liz bully her and didn't freak out and act on her fears.  Mick was sweet and treated both Tara and Nathan with respect and love.  The only turn off for me personally was the use of a few certain words.  Personally, I don't find the F word sexy or a turn on so all the sex talk was a bit raw for me.  Don't get me wrong--I enjoy a good erotica but I appeciate it with a little more finesse than "F me hard".

No comments:

Post a Comment