Friday, June 22, 2012

Thoughtless by S. C. Stephens

I have been hearing so much about this series but have been reluctant to read it as I really hate cheating.  I really had no interest in reading it after reading the blurb.  But continually it popped up again and again as a recommendation in the same flavor as "Beautiful Disaster" by Jamie McQuire.  Kellan has been described as a swoon worthy bad boy with that absolute dedication to the woman he loves.  Curiousity made me rethink my first gut reaction and finally read it.
I have to admit I loved Kellan.  He is a damaged soul who truly is a sexy bad boy with a heart of gold.  Being the lead singer of a local Seattle Rock Band, the D-bags.  He is a man-whore who finds love in the arms of any willing females.  But Stephens has done such an excellent job of not only describing the hotness that is Kellan, but made me fall in love with him too.  Kiera, however, already has a great guy who is goofy, beautiful, and has an accent, Denny.  She is so in love with him that she leaves her family and friends behind to follow him to his dream internship in Seattle.  She transfers to the University of Washington to finish her last 2 years of college.  They plan to rent a room in Kellan's house whom Denny knows from being a foreign exchange student. 
It isn't until Denny leaves for a two month seperation that Kiera becomes to rely on Kellan.  At first Denny calls mutiple times a day, but then goes days without calling.  This isn't an excuse and Kiera remains faithful until the point that Denny accepts a permanant position in Az. Denny is like a brother to Kellan and neither want to hurt Denny but there is an unexplainable  draw between Kiera and Kellan.  I still don't like the cheating but Stephens does such a great job of making this a believeable and relatable story even to the likes of me.  The only thing that made me really frustated was Kiera being torn between them.  I wanted to shake her and scream at her to stop being such a witch and make a choice. 
In the end, Kellan and Kiera's romance won me over.  I am definitely on my way to read Effortless.  I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys bad boys with a little romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment