Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Providence by Jamie McQuire

I picked up Providence because of how much I am obsessed with Beautiful Disaster.  This book is a completely different genre and blew me away.  This series is so very different from BD.  McQuire is so talented to create a world around soul searing romance that will make you ride a roller coaster of emotion and not want to put the book down.  The very best thing about reading this series now is that all three books are out and I didn't have to wait for the next book!  I am immediately reading Requiem which picks up where Providence left off. 
After her father's funeral, Nina sits on a bus stop bench in the pouring rain staring into space when her silent protector comes and sits along side of her.  Jared is hot, protective, and supernatural--3 of my favorite things.  Sharing a cab back to Brown University, Jared and Nina talk just enough to plant the seed of attraction.  Soon Nina is looking for places to 'run' into Jared and starts to believe he is watching over her.  One night when Jared saves Nina and her friends, fate begins to weave their lives together in a way that could be deadly.  Jared and Nina have some serious chemistry and I cheered all the way through with them.  I also cried in places where Nina and Jared believe the world is out against them.  This is an action packed supernatural romance that I loved.  Jamie McQuire is definitely one of the best and will soon be a household name.  I can't wait to see how this series ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment