Friday, May 18, 2012

Taking Shots by Toni Aleo (Assassins 1)

There is something so sexy about a professional sports player.  Being a native Floridian, I am not a hockey fan. I know shameful, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a good romance.  Shea Adler is the captain of the fictional Nashville Assassins who is drawn to Elli Fisher, a photographer taking team shots.  The romance is slow building with real characters who I found to be easy identifable.  Shea is smoking hot and decisive about what he wants with the relationship.  There is nothing more sexy than a man who knows what he wants and goes after it.  Elli is shy and almost socially inept thanks to some horrific family relationships.  But I loved her, once all her secrets were revealed I wondered why she wasn't even more messed up.  Shea sees Elli as beautifully curvy and falls for her giving personality.  I loved that their relationship while having it's ups and downs didn't drag out the drama for the sake of story.  Some books seem to enjoy keeping the couple in constant turmoil and love that Shea and Elli developed a great healthy relationship.  I also loved that Shea saw through Elli's insecurities to love the real person underneath.  This is an excellent romance and I would recommend this everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment