Saturday, April 28, 2012

Point of Retreat by Collen Hoover

Point of Retreat is the continuing story of Wil and Layken's romance that began in Slammed.  As the book opens, Layken's Mom has passed away 3 months ago.  She and Wil have fallen into a rhythm of college classes, caring for their little brothers, and seeing each other.  As the new semester begins a person from Wil's past will stir up trouble for him and Lake.  Again, I feel these books are so good that I don't want to give too much of the plot away because that is one of the best parts of this book was letting it unfold to me.  Lake begins to question whether Wil loves her because of their similar circumstances or if he really loves her for herself.  Life continues to throw curves their way that they must navigate. 
I loved this book as much as the first and it was so fun to have this one told from Wil's POV.  By the end of the two books I felt satisfied and even closer to the characters.   I would recommend this series to everyone that loves romance.  The love story is touching and real.  Both Slammed and Point of Retreat will be on my keeper shelf for re-reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment